since I got several questions about installing LabCurves, here are some tips that might help you.
- Make sure Gimp can use Python. You can test this with python scripts from the gimp plugin registry (files ending with "py"). Python on windows.
- "7z" archives can be extracted with 7-zip.
- On linux: You need the regular lcms, graphicsmagick and libqt4 packages, the dev packages are only needed if you want to recompile the program.
- On linux: Copy the script and the folder containing the program to your gimp plugins (not scripts) directory.
- On linux: Set the script and the program executable.
- On windows: copy the script to your gimp plugins directory and the folder containing the program to "C:\Tools\". If you choose a different folder alter the script accordingly. Don't choose a subfolder of your gimp directories.
- The filter is located in "Filters - MM Filters".
I hope this clarifies most of the questions.